You have probably heard of Outlook. it is one of the most widely used email client for business / enterprise communication. Has a very user friendly interface that even a non technical person can navigate. Outlook uses top security protocols for effectively securing communication.
Although no matter how great outlook is, sometimes the users face certain issues and one of them is the most annoying and famous “Please Enter your Password” in other words, outlook keeps asking for password even though you have already entered the correct password. You will find below a simple and easy to follow list of possible solutions to this issue:
Reset the login credential for outlook
- Go to Control Panel, on the right side set the “view by:” to large icons and click on Credential Manager.
- On Credential Manager, click on the Windows Credentials icon. Here you will find all the stored credentials on your Windows.
- Select the stored credentials referencing to office 365, Microsoft office 16, Microsoft account.
- After selecting the credential record, click remove
Clear the cached passwords
- Exit Outlook if it is still running on your computer
- Right-click the Windows Icon and select Control Panel (Windows 10), on the right side set the “view by:” to large icons
- Click on Credential Manager and locate the set of credentials that has Microsoft Office, Microsoft Account in the name
- Click the record to expand the set of credentials and then click remove
Note: Repeat step#4 for any additional sets of credentials that have the word Microsoft Office and Microsoft Account in the name.
Enable Remember password
Verify that you have selected the option to save username and password in Outlook. to verify, follow the steps below:
- Open your Outlook
- Click on the File tab and go to Account settings
- A new window will show up and you should check the option Remember password
Create a new Profile
Sometimes, there might be a bug in the profile, Thus creating a new profile can fix the bug.
- Exit Outlook if it is still running on your windows computer.
- Go to Control Panel and click on Mail
- Click Show Profiles and then click Add
- Type the name of the profile and click OK
- Enter your name and email address
- Click Next and then click on Finish
- Back in the mail window, select your new profile in the “Always use this profile” dialogue box and then click OK